Functions of a School Leadership Team (SLT)
- Facilitates the involvement of the school community in the development of the School Improvement Plan
- Encourages, supports and creates opportunities for involvement from parents in the community
- Contributes to the design of the School Improvement Plan
- Monitors the effectiveness of the School Improvement Plan strategies
Duties of the School Leadership Team
Members of the School Leadership Team are directly involved in the development of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
The School Leadership Team:
- Facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- Uses data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change.
- Monitors, assesses and amends the School Improvement Plan, as needed.
- Advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- Facilitates communication within the Professional Learning Community.
- Builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns.
SLT Chairperson for 2016/17